Subscribe via email

 

Click here to subscribe to the MILLAMIA blog by Email

To view previous blog posts scroll down to the bottom of the page

Friday 10 April 2015

INSPIRATION - Girls Dresses

Easter always feels like a significant time of change in my knitting diary. With so much talk about new birth, eggs, chicks and baby bunnies I can't help but think about putting aside my heavy blankets and sweaters and planning exciting new projects perfect for Spring.

That said, I don't count myself as a seasonal knitter at all. My only concession to the changing seasons in relation to my knitting is to return more solidly to my favoured yarn weights - 4 ply, sport and DK and to look for garments that will make ideal transitional garments for me and my family that will see us from a chilly spring right through to a mild Autumn.

This week the weather here in the UK has warmed considerably - in fact today, we have been promised 18 degrees C which is positively tropical for this time of year! Of course warmer weather means garments that are versatile and ideal for layering with other light pieces make the best choice.

For the little girls, I can't think of a better option than a knitted dress. A gentle A-line, with short sleeves will suit all body shapes and looks equally stylish teamed with a long sleeved tee, tights and boots for early spring, as it does with a pair of cute sandals and a pretty sun hat in the summer.

I've curated the MillaMia dresses from all of our collections here so you can see them all in one place. It was helpful to me to view them together - I notice that we have pretty much covered all bases! There are stocking stitch dresses that are very simple knits and make the most of a bright splash of bold colour, as well as cable and fairisle. And with the addition of a pretty ribbon the most practical dress is suddenly transformed into a dress fit for any party.

http://millamia.com/pat_size.php?name=Pernilla Dress
Pernilla Dress from Bright Young Things in fuchsia, peacock and grass ranges from age 1-2 to 4-5 years
 
http://millamia.com/pat_size.php?name=Filippa Dress&sort=&type= http://millamia.com/pat_size.php?name=Lina Dress
The Filippa Dress is a labour of love in beautiful, tradition fairisle and the Lina makes practical look pretty too - both from Wonderland in sizes 1-2 to 5-6 years and 2-3 to 6-7 years respectively
 
 
http://millamia.com/pat_size.php?name=Lisa Cable Dress&sort=&type=  http://millamia.com/pat_size.php?name=Madeleine Dress&sort=&type=
 Lisa Cable Dress is stylish and wearable and the Madeleine Dress gives plenty of scope to be brave and playful with your colour choices - both from Little Rascals in sizes 1-2 to 6-7 years and 2-3 to 6-7 years respectively
 
http://millamia.com/pat_size.php?name=Nina Dress
The Nina Dress from Close Knit Gang is soft and comfortable in putty grey, and the contrasting ribbon makes it super pretty too


Lastly, the Carlota Dress in the top picture has been by far the most popular dress pattern we have ever published. Knitters tell me that the bold and unusual colour combinations together with simple shaping all in stocking stitch make it such an interesting and enjoyable knit. And what about the little girls wearing these lovingly handknit Carlota dresses? Well they just love a riot of colour that is simply a joy to wear.
 
(posted by Max)


4 comments:

  1. Wow thank you this is just what I have been looking for - great work :-) plz chek my blog
    Wedding dress Edinburgh & Wedding dress shop Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I am so fancy about candles. Even, one room of my house is full of candles:) Please tell me if you know more sources for best looking, giveaways and discounts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning! I am passed up the character of the astounding.I've perused a great deal of articles, however this is one of the best ones that I've perused. Keep on providing more articles this way.robes de no

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments in your articles, I suppose I am not the only person having all of the leisure here! Keep up the wonderful work.robes filles

    ReplyDelete